Barrus to roll out John Deere and Shire Workboat engines at Skipper Expo Aberdeen
Barrus says it will be showcasing John Deere and Shire Workboat engines at the upcoming Skipper Expo Aberdeen and, this year, will be placing focus on the John Deere PowerSight equipment.
John Deere PowerSight brings together advanced tracking, diagnostic and prognostic technologies to improve productivity, optimise uptime and reduce operating costs. Whether you’re responsible for a large fleet spread across many locations or a single John Deere powered workboat, PowerSight can provide critical operations data to improve overall efficiency and serve as a helpful maintenance tool.
With John Deere PowerSight, you are able to remotely access and monitor all electronically controlled John Deere engines using either a mobile phone, tablet or computer. Your John Deere dealer can even perform over-the-air programming (OTAP) and wirelessly update engine software – saving you time and money.
PowerSight Capabilities include:
- Monitor engine load and fuel consumption
- Locate and get directions to your boat
- Remote dealer diagnostics and engine performance recordings
- Alerts sent to your mobile device to give maintenance reminders and inform you of any issues immediately
- Improve security by setting up geofences and authorised hours of use
The Marine Equipment division of Barrus offers some of the most powerful brands in the marketplace, both for leisure boaters and commercial operators. Barrus has a wide range of high-quality boats, engines and marine equipment for different types of vessels.